STREETS AND PARK
Street Office 383 Railroad St.
P.O. Box 609
Responsibilities Under the direction of the Public Works Superintendent, the Street Department is responsible for repairing and cleaning the streets, alleys, catch basins, lands, square, sidewalks, streams and water courses, as well as the park and recreation facilities of the Village and repairing a variety of mechanical equipment used within the Street maintenance department. In addition, and when directed by the Public Works Superintendent, the Street Department shall perform tasks in other Village departments.
- Yard Waste Pick-up is offered seasonally for residents on Mondays, weather permitting. Materials qualifying as yard wastes are: grass clippings, leaves, branches, brush, weeds and bushes. Please keep sticks, branches and limbs separate from yard waste. Animal waste, root balls and stumps are strictly prohibited and will not be picked up. All yard waste must be in containers for pick-up with a maximum weight of 40 pounds. For your convenience residents may also haul yard waste items to the Street Department and place in the properly designated area.
- Brush Chipping: Please place all branches for chipping in the same direction with large ends facing the road. Thank you!
- The Village provides a Annual Large Trash Clean-up spring.
- During the fall, the Street/Parks Department disposes of residents’ leaves raked to the curb on an as-needed basis through the Leaf Pick-up service.
- In the winter, please remember that sidewalks must be cleared of snow within 12 hours of a snowfall, per ordinance.
- Please eliminate tall grass and standing water to help control the local mosquito population, as well as mowing lawns per ordinance.
For a Map of Edgerton’s Roads, please click here.