P.O. Box 609
Yvonne started at the Village of Edgerton Nov 2021. She is an Edgerton school graduate and married with 2 daughters. She has been a part of the Edgerton community her whole life.
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Village Administrator, the Utility Clerk is responsible for preparing utility bills, collecting utility rents and depositing them in the proper account and maintaining customer’s accounts. In addition, the Utility Clerk will perform varied secretarial and administrative duties for the Mayor, Village Administrator, Fiscal Officer and departments of the Village.
The Utility Department administers the office portion of both the Electric and Water Departments and offers electric, water, sewer, and storm sewer services. Garbage and Recycling services are offered through Republic Services. For the Application for Edgerton Utility Service, click here.
Here are some friendly reminders from the Utilities Clerk:
- Utility bills are due on the 10th of each month, and payments may be made in the utility office or deposited in the drop box (checked daily). Non-receipt of a bill does not exempt the customer from payment. If the customer will have difficulties paying on time, please call the Utility Clerk to make agreeable arrangements.
- If the payment received is late, a 20% penalty will be applied to current charges at noon the next business day following the 10th
- Delinquent accounts will receive a shut-off notice on the 15th of each month, a $20.00 charge
- If still not paid, delinquent accounts will be disconnected on the 20th of the month, a $20.00 charge.
- In order to reconnect service, there will be a $20.00 charge.
Residential customers electric, sewer, and water utilities who are facing a disconnection for nonpayment may use this form to avoid a utility disconnect for up to 30 days. The form may be used no more than three times in a rolling 12-month period.The form must be completed by a licensed physician, physician assistant, clinical nurse specialist, certified nurse practitioner, certified nurse-midwife, or local board of health physician. Download the 30-day medical certificate on this page.
- The Utility Department offers budgets to customers who own a total-electric home. Check out Utility Rates here
- An Automatic Bill Payment Program is available, saving the consumer postage costs, and worrying about paying the bill on time. For more information and an ACH form, click here.
- Please remember that Garbage is picked up every Friday beginning at 6:00AM. Recycling is Picked-up on the first and third Friday monthly, beginning at 6:00 am. Reminder; Pickup for one large bulk item is provided on the fourth Friday of each month. For information on garbage and recycling services, please call Republic Services at (419) 636-3904. Click here to view a current pickup calendar.
- Please remember that recyclables are: corrugated cardboard, beverage cans, steel food cans, newspaper, magazines, phone books, soft cover books, brown paper bags, office/school paper, glass jars & bottles, plastic bottles & jars (#1 & #7) and bagged shredded materials.
- For seasonal watering of lawns and filling of pools, please call the Utility Clerk to be put on the watering list for a Sanitary Sewer Credit.