Eugene Wilson, Water/Sewer Personnel
Ron Brust, Water/Sewer Personnel
(419) 298-8025 Water Office, 327 Crane St. P.O. Box 609
The Water Department protects the drinking water supply of the Village of Edgerton. The water crew maintains a drinking water source protection plan, in accordance with the Environmental Protection Agency. The EPA prescribes regulations which limit the amount of certain contaminants in water provided by public water systems. Information about contaminants and potential health effects, especially for immune-compromised persons, can be obtained by calling the EPA’s Safe Drinking Water Hotline at 1-800-426-4791
The Water Department has some handy tips to keep in mind:
- Please dispose of hazardous chemicals in the proper manner and report polluters to the appropriate authorities.
- Please help the Village maintain our lift stations. Do NOT flush sanitary wipes as they bind together and clog our sanitary sewer system causing it to malfunction. We appreciate your cooperation!
- Properly plug abandoned wells, as these wells threaten drinking water because contaminants can directly enter the aquifer through the well.
- Follow instructions when using pesticides and fertilizers and avoid over-applying lawn chemicals.
- Do not water the lawn at high noon. The hot sun will evaporate the water that your lawn needs, and will waste more water.
- Fix leaks as soon as they are discovered. A leaking toilet can use up to 200 extra gallons of water daily, and a leaking faucet can drip up to two gallons per day; this wasted water means wasted money.
Send completed backflow reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.