Doug Imm, Water/Sewer Personnel
Ron Brust, Water/Sewer Personnel
(419) 298-8025 Water Office, 327 Crane St. P.O. Box 609
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Village Administrator, the Water Department is responsible for operating and repairing the municipal water treatment plant, distribution system, water-testing laboratory, water lines, and performing related tasks as required. In addition, the Water Department shall perform tasks in other Village departments as directed by the Village Administrator.
The Water Department protects the drinking water supply of the Village of Edgerton. The water crew maintains a drinking water source protection plan, in accordance with the Environmental Protection Agency. The EPA prescribes regulations which limit the amount of certain contaminants in water provided by public water systems. Information about contaminants and potential health effects, especially for immune-compromised persons, can be obtained by calling the EPA’s Safe Drinking Water Hotline at 1-800-426-4791.
The Water Department has some handy tips to keep in mind:
- Please dispose of hazardous chemicals in the proper manner and report polluters to the appropriate authorities.
- Locally recycle household chemicals such as antifreeze, pesticides, herbicides, and NiCad batteries. For contact information, call the Water Department.
- Properly plug abandoned wells, as these wells threaten drinking water because contaminants can directly enter the aquifer through the well.
- Follow instructions when using pesticides and fertilizers and avoid over-applying lawn chemicals.
- Do not water the lawn at high noon. The hot sun will evaporate the water that your lawn needs, and will waste more water.
- Fix leaks as soon as possible. A toilet leak can lose up to 200 gallons of water a day, and a faucet can drip two gallons per day; this wasted water means wasted money.